Thursday, October 2, 2014

Re: [North Georgia Democrats] Unintended consequences?

W Lorraine Watkins
W Lorraine Watkins 2:15pm Oct 2
Cheryl. If CNN's reporting I am watching now is correct on how they have and are handling this case on the ground we are in deep trouble. It looks to me like the CDC is leaving the management of the quarantine etc to local people who IMO don't know what they are doing. That's Texas but I wonder if Georgia would be any different. I imagine all the diminished numbers of the CDC contagion teams are in Africa.
Comment History
W Lorraine Watkins
W Lorraine Watkins2:12pm Oct 2
Natasha. That is amazing. Once I left academia for private practice I really never kept up with that period, I have lots of memories but mostly the people and the process and I do try to keep up with the general progress of medical research and care as it is today.
Cheryl Phipps
Cheryl Phipps1:03pm Oct 2
It's only a "different" disease here because there aren't near the number of cases! Good grief!
Natasha Stark
Natasha Stark12:32pm Oct 2
:-D Did you know you're still being cited? You should google scholar yourself ;-)
W Lorraine Watkins
W Lorraine Watkins12:24pm Oct 2
LOL I don' t have any idea what it was that got to the NEJ. I would probably be embarrassed to read it. A different time and a different life. Natasha I admire your passion and I know sincere dedication to the good and it is folks like you who will make the system honest and lead improvements. IMO we just have to let Ayn Rand moulder in her grave.
Natasha Stark
Natasha Stark12:15pm Oct 2
Seen. And I found your 69 journal article in the New England Journal of Medicine. Cool stuff. I look forward to reading it
View All Comments
Original Post
W Lorraine Watkins
W Lorraine Watkins10:00pm Oct 1
Unintended consequences?

More information on the Liberian under treatment in Texas seems to suggest he knew full well he had been exposed to Ebola and actually quickly sought out medical attention telling them of his concern about Ebola. I would love to know if he bought his airline ticket before or after he had contact with the woman who died from it along with her brother in Liberia?

All the Medical ptb are out there reassuring the US that the medical care for Ebola is so much better than in Africa, specifically Liberia. "it is a different disease in the US than in Africa" they say. It would be hardly surprising that Liberians who worry about contact would head for the airport.

So do we have a moral obligation to bring Ebola victims here for life saving treatment?

View Post on Facebook · Edit Email Settings · Reply to this email to add a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment